- This event has passed.
Mental Health & Law Enforcement Conference
June 8 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Crisis De-escalation and Prevention Strategies
@ Fitchburg State University
June 8, 2016 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (registration 8:00)
Organized by DMH with support from MBHP
6th Annual Conference Goals:
- Present effective verbal de-escalation strategies of individuals who are in crisis or have mental health difficulties.
- Discuss crisis planning, intervention strategies and identify helpful resources.
- Update conference attendees on the ongoing opioid epidemic and the innovative DPH/BSAS, law enforcement, behavioral responses to it.
- Provide an overview of autism and the most vital issues that a first responder needs to know, including services that are now available.
- Discuss identification of veterans in crisis, and what are most useful as crisis prevention tools and verbal de-escalation strategies with them.
- Present innovative and effective program models of law enforcement and provider collaboration and intervention with the homeless population.
Police and First Responders, Emergency Service providers, Department of Mental Health, NAMI, Legislators, Criminal Justice system, and other interested parties.
Lunch provided ~ Conference is Free
Registration Required online registration by May 25